[permalink] [id link]
* Huey, Dewey, and Louie ( voiced by Tony Anselmo )
Some Related Sentences
Huey and Dewey
Or, as Scrooge himself would say to Huey, Dewey and Louie: by being " tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties.
He surrounded Donald Duck and nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie with a cast of eccentric and colorful characters, such as the aforementioned Scrooge McDuck, the wealthiest duck in the world ; Gladstone Gander, Donald's obscenely lucky cousin ; inventor Gyro Gearloose ; the persistent Beagle Boys ; the sorceress Magica De Spell ; Scrooge's rivals Flintheart Glomgold and John D. Rockerduck ; Daisy's nieces April, May and June ; Donald's neighbor Jones, and The Junior Woodchucks organization.
Huey, Dewey, and Louie Duck are a trio of fictional, anthropomorphic ducks who appear in animated cartoons and comic books published by the Walt Disney Company.
Huey, Dewey, and Louie were created by Ted Osborne and Al Taliaferro, and first appeared in a newspaper comic strip on October 17, 1937.
Huey, Dewey, and Louie are the sons of Donald's sister Della Duck ; in Donald's Nephews, their mother is instead named Dumbella.
In the theatrical shorts, Huey, Dewey, and Louie often behave in a rambunctious manner, sometimes committing retaliation or revenge on their uncle Donald Duck.
According to Don Rosa, Huey, Dewey and Louie became members of the Junior Woodchucks when they were around 11 years old.
In early comic books and shorts, the caps of Huey, Dewey, and Louie were colored randomly, depending on the whim of the colorist.
It wasn't until the 1980s when it became established that Huey is dressed in red, Dewey in blue, and Louie in green.
Disney's archivist Dave Smith, in " Disney A to Z ," said, " Note that the brightest hue of the three is red ( Huey ), the color of water, dew, is blue ( Dewey ), and that leaves Louie, and leaves are green.
" Another combination that shows up from time to time is Huey in blue, Dewey in red, and Louie in green.
Donald, his sister Della Duck and her children Huey, Dewey and Louie Duck are descendants of the Clan through their maternal line of ancestry.
A daughter-in-law to Grandma Duck, a sister to Matilda McDuck and Scrooge McDuck, wife to Quackmore Duck, sister-in-law of Goosetave Gander and Daphne Duck, aunt to Gladstone Gander, mother to Della Duck and Donald Duck and finally grandmother to Huey, Dewey and Louie Duck.
Lucas also drew inspiration from the robots Huey, Dewey, and Louie from Douglas Trumbull's 1972 film Silent Running.
Witch and Warlock are mischievous little magically-endowed children who are sometimes playmates and / or thorns in the side of Huey, Dewey and Louie.
Scrooge decides to confront this claimant to his title and travels to South Africa along with his nephew Donald and his great-nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie Duck.
Even at the end of the story when Scrooge has won and Flintheart passes out after finding he is only second best, he has to be carried home by Huey, Louie and Dewey since he has no one else there to help him.
While Scrooge is piloting his private plane over South Africa, with Donald, Huey, Dewey and Louie as passengers, Flintheart appears piloting his own private plane.
Horace Horsecollar, Clarabelle Cow, Huey, Dewey and Louie, Chip ' n Dale, Scrooge McDuck, Pete, Humphrey the Bear, J. Audubon Woodlore, Dinah the Dachshund, Butch the Bulldog, Mortimer Mouse and Clara Cluck all appear as supporting characters.
At the far end of the area is a stage where performances of all sorts are conducted, including that of Huey, Dewey and Louie.
* Classic Disney Cartoons and Comic Books: Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, Pluto, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Gus Goose, Pete, Ludwig Von Drake, Clara Cluck, Chip ' n Dale, Scrooge McDuck, The Phantom Blot, April, May and June Duck, Humphrey the Bear, Ranger J. Audubon Woodlore, the Brownstone Park Bears, Pluto's Good and Bad Consciences, Red Riding Hood, Toby Tortoise, Max Hare, Flowers and Trees, Santa Claus, Reindeer, Hobo Cookie, Judge Cookie, the Skeleton Dancers, a Merry Dwarf, a Lamp from " The Whoopee Party ", the Lonesome Ghosts, Ferdinand the Bull, Susie the Little Blue Coupe, Professor Owl, Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom, Babe the Big Blue Ox, Dinah the Dachshund, Louie the Mountain Lion, Salty the Seal, a Rooster, a Hen, Girl Violin, Boy Saxophone, a Robot from " Mars and Beyond ", and various Black-and-White Characters.
Huey and Louie
* I, IV, and v (" small number of songs "): The Kingsmen's " Louie Louie ", K. C. and the Sunshine Band's " Get Down Tonight ", and the verse of Huey Lewis and the News ' " I Know What I Like ".
Huey and voiced
In addition to Donald's voice, Nash also voiced Daisy Duck ( in her earliest appearances, when she was little more than a female version of Donald ), as well as Donald's nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie.
Anselmo is also among the many voiceover artists to have also voiced Huey, Dewey and Louie over the years.
As well as winning Bronze for his acclaimed The Huey Show on BBC Radio 6 Music, Huey has appeared on Jack Osbourne's Adrenaline Junkie, a Boy-Racer show Slips, sat in for Jonathon Ross and Dermot O ' Leary on BBC Radio 2, appeared in the Soul Boy as a Dick Van Dyke accented London record shop owner, voiced a character in the Scarface: The World Is Yours video game, and most bizarrely appeared with his dog, Sugar and Liza Tarbuck on Liza & Huey's Pet Nation on primetime SKY TV.
* Huey ( voiced by Jeannie Elias )-Wears a long red shirt over a light red t-shirt and purple shorts.
She has voiced Huey, Dewey, and Louie and Webby Vanderquack in the DuckTales television series, the Donald Duck: Goin ' Quackers video game, and in other appearances such as in the holiday movies Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas and Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas.
* Huey Freeman ( voiced by Regina King ) is the voice-of-reason and moral compass of the family, and a spokesperson for contemporary Afrocentrism.
* Robert Jebediah Freeman, a. k. a. " Granddad ," ( voiced by John Witherspoon ) is the grandfather and legal guardian of Huey and Riley.
Huey and by
The glorious news had been held up pending Heavenly confirmation of the elevation of a new Supreme Bishop, Huey Short -- a candidate accepted by the Boone faction after lots had been cast repeatedly.
A cappella music attained renewed prominence from the late 1980s onward, spurred by the success of Top 40 recordings by artists such as The Manhattan Transfer, Bobby McFerrin, Huey Lewis and the News, All-4-One, The Nylons, Backstreet Boys and Boyz II Men.
* In the movie Wag the Dog, the fictitious unit 303 Special Forces has a song created titled " The Men of the 303 " that is played to a deliberately similar but original tune written by Huey Lewis for the film.
Steve Huey in Allmusic describes the band as " one of the most unusual cult bands of the 1990s ... driven by frontman Mike Doughty's stream-of-consciousness poetry, Soul Coughing's sound was a willfully idiosyncratic mix of improvisational jazz grooves, oddball samples, hip-hop, electronics, and noisy experimentalism ( described by Doughty as ' deep slacker jazz ').
* United We Stand: What More Can I Give, another 9 / 11 benefit concert, is held at RFK Stadium in Washington D. C., featuring performances by Michael Jackson, Aerosmith, Mariah Carey, James Brown, Al Green, Carole King, America, Huey Lewis, Backstreet Boys, Pink, ' N Sync, Goo Goo Dolls, and others.
The documentary In the Shadow of the Blade ( released 2004 ) reunited Vietnam veterans and families of war dead with a restored UH-1 " Huey " helicopter in a cross-country journey to tell the stories of Americans affected by the war.
** A song by Huey Lewis and the News called " Back in Time " features the line " Is this the ' 50s, or 1999?
Bryan's words gave rise to later economic and political philosophies, including Huey Long's 1930s Share Our Wealth program, with its trigger phrase, " Every Man a King " inspired by Bryan's speech.
In the United States, the Black Panther Party, especially Huey Newton, was influenced by Maoist thought.
The Black Panther Party was founded by Oakland City College ( later Merritt College ) students Huey Newton and Bobby Seale.
" Huey of Allmusic cited the Doc at the Radar Station as being " generally acclaimed as the strongest album of his comeback, and by some as his best since Trout Mask Replica ", " even if the Captain's voice isn't quite what it once was, Doc at the Radar Station is an excellent, focused consolidation of Beefheart's past and then-present ".
In 1966, they got their own title, Huey, Dewey, and Louie and the Junior Woodchucks, published by Gold Key Comics for 62 issues, and then continued by Whitman Comics for another 20 issues until 1983.
One example is that the Calvin & Hobbes comic strip ( written by Bill Waterson ) includes in its scenario a children's book Hamster Huey & The Gooey Kablooie, and Bill Waterson stated in The Calvin and Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book that he believed that Hamster Huey & The Gooey Kablooie should remain an undefined story, left to the reader's imagination ; but someone not associated with the strip published Hamster Huey & The Gooey Kablooie in the real world.