[permalink] [id link]
* In 2008, The Library of America selected Runyon ’ s story “ The Eternal Blonde ” for inclusion in its two-century retrospective of American Crime Writing.
Some Related Sentences
2008 and Library
In 2008 The Library of America reprinted the entirety of Pillars of Salt in its two-century retrospective of American True Crime.
In 2008, the museum's library was officially named the Bob Hope Memorial Library in honor of one the station's most famous immigrants.
* Jerry Sumney, Colossians ( New Testament Library ; Louisville ; Ky .: Westminster John Knox, 2008 )
* Legal Opinion on Guatemala's Territorial Claim to Belize and MFA Library and GAR and Other Documents and Summary of Legal Opinion of 25 November 2008
* Audubon: Early Drawings ( Richard Rhodes, Scott V. Edwards, Leslie A. Morris ) ( Harvard University Press and Houghton Library 2008 ) ISBN
* V-LIB 1. 2 ( 2008 Vartavan Library Classification for over 700 fields of knowledge, currently sold under license in the UK by Rosecastle Ltd. ( see http :// rosecastle. atspace. com / index_files / Page382. html ).
Nancy Reagan hosted two 2008 Republican Presidential Candidates Debates at the Reagan Presidential Library, the first in May 2007 and the second in January 2008.
* 2006 – 2008, John Spoor Broome Library, California State University Channel Islands, United States.
A controversy emerged on May 5, 2008, when a conservative blogger posted a clip of King at a Library of Congress reading event.
* Background note: " Sorry ": the unfinished business of the Bringing Them Home report, Australian Parliamentary Library, 4 February 2008
In 2008, The Terminator was selected by the Library of Congress for preservation in the United States National Film Registry, being deemed " culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant ".
In 2008, The Library of America selected Ferber's article " Miss Ferber Views ' Vultures ' at Trial " for inclusion in its two-century retrospective of American True Crime.
Recent English verse translations include those by British Poet Laureate Cecil Day-Lewis ( 1963 ) which strove to render Virgil's original hexameter line, Allen Mandelbaum ( honoured by a 1973 National Book Award ), Library of Congress Poet Laureate Robert Fitzgerald ( 1981 ), Stanley Lombardo ( 2005 ), Robert Fagles ( 2006 ), and Sarah Ruden ( 2008 ).
The 2008 passage of Measure J for Jobs will bring further enhancements to the College, with a new Library / Learning Center / Instructional Media Center, and classroom facilities that offer programs focusing on emerging green technologies and new media in the planning stages.
In 2008, the Library of America selected Dreiser ’ s article “ Dreiser Sees Error in Edwards Defense ” for inclusion in its two-century retrospective of American True Crime.
Sharma, Chanchal Kumar ( 2008 ), ‘ EMERGING DIMENSIONS OF DECENTRALIZATION DEBATE IN THE AGE OF GLOCALIZATION ’, MPRA Paper 6734, University Library of Munich, Germany.
The Baen Free Library is a digital library of the science fiction and fantasy publishing house Baen Books where ( as of December 2008 ) 112 full books can be downloaded free in a number of formats, without copy protection.
* Borgers ' version of The Maltese Falcon ( 2007 ), opened in Huntsville, Alabama on the AlphaStage of the Renaissance Theatre, on Wednesday, April 2, 2008 in association with the Huntsville Public Library " BIG READ " Initiative.
2008 and America
The popular AFI 100 Years … series, which ran from 1998 to 2008, and created jury-selected lists of America ’ s best movies in categories including Musicals, Laughs and Thrills, drove new generations to experience classic American films.
In the first quarter of 2008, CRTs retook the # 2 technology position in North America from plasma, due to the decline and consolidation of plasma display manufacturers.
* Analogue mobile phone service ( 1983 – 2008 ) assigned bandwidth for just two carriers ( A / B ); in much of North America these effectively were " Alternate " and " Bell " ( or the incumbent regional telephone landline monopoly in the area ).
* Bamford, James ; The Shadow Factory: The Ultra-Secret NSA from 9 / 11 to the Eavesdropping on America, Doubleday, ISBN 0-385-52132-4 ; 2008
A study of granite countertops was done ( initiated and paid for by the Marble Institute of America ) in November 2008 by National Health and Engineering Inc of USA, and found that all of the 39 full size granite slabs that were measured for the study showed radiation levels well below the European Union safety standards ( section 4. 1. 1. 1 of the National Health and Engineering study ) and radon emission levels well below the average outdoor radon concentrations in the US.
Connick toured North America and Europe in 2007, and toured Asia and Australia in 2008, as part of his My New Orleans Tour.
2008 saw Digweed and Sasha reuniting for a Spring Club Tour that once again featured performances all over North America.
Noted Chicago Tribune columnist Bob Greene penned a 2008 book, When We Get to Surf City: A Journey Through America in Pursuit of Rock and Roll, Friendship, and Dreams, detailing his occasional appearances with Jan & Dean's touring band throughout the 1990s and early 2000s.
In 2008 Edward Vajda related Yeniseian to the Na-Dené languages of North America in a Dené – Yeniseian family.
* 2008 – Accident Fund Insurance Company of America announces the renovation of the Ottawa Street Power Station and addition of modern buildings connected by an atrium for their new headquarters.
Mötley Crüe's ninth studio album, titled Saints of Los Angeles, was released in Japan on June 17, 2008 and in America on June 24, 2008.
At the 2008 General Conference, the United Methodist Church approved full communion with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
Ponyo was released in July 2008 in Japan, then in North America and the UK in 2009 and 2010, respectively.
On October 7, 2008, his 1959 album Kind of Blue received its fourth platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America ( RIAA ), for shipments of at least four million copies in the United States.
In 2008, NCS joined over 60 other art licensing businesses ( including the Artists Rights Society, Association of American Editorial Cartoonists, Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, the Stock Artists Alliance, Illustrator's Partnership of America and the Advertising Photographers of America ) in opposing both The Orphan Works Act of 2008 and The Shawn Bentley Orphan Works Act of 2008.