[permalink] [id link]
* In episode 17, season 5 of " Family Guy ", entitled " It Takes a Village Idiot, and I Married One ", the Griffin family is wearing powdered wigs in their living room and Stewie Griffin begins playing several classical compositions, including those by Joseph Haydn and George Frideric Handel, when Peter Griffin, as Salieri, says " Play Peter Griffin ", alluding to the 1984 film Amadeus, when the disguised Salieri character requests that Mozart imitate his compositional style.
Some Related Sentences
episode and 17
Portions of the Apollo 17 mission are dramatized in the miniseries From the Earth to the Moon episode entitled " Le Voyage dans la Lune ".
On 17 September 2010 Coronation Street entered the Guinness World Records book as the world's longest-running television soap opera after the American soap opera As the World Turns had its final episode.
The ITV network, like BBC1, began full colour transmissions on 15 November 1969 and it is therefore possible that the first transmitted colour episode is number 928 shown on 17 November.
* In Glass Mask ( episode 29 of the anime and volume 17 of the manga ), Ayumi Himekawa played Carmilla in a stage adaptation of the novella.
Voight made a cameo appearance as himself on the Seinfeld episode " The Mom & Pop Store " airing November 17, 1994, in which George Costanza buys a car that appears to be owned by Jon Voight.
In 1985, the BBC's London based soap opera EastEnders debuted and was a near instant success with viewers and critics alike, with the first episode attracting over 17 million viewers.
Sonny poked a little fun at himself when he guest-starred on The Golden Girls, in the episode " Mrs. George Devereaux ", aired November 17, 1990, as himself vying with Lyle Waggoner for Dorothy's ( Beatrice Arthur ) affection in a dream, where Blanche ( Rue McClanahan ) dreams her husband is still alive.
A portion of this Super Bowl was " predicted " in the January 17, 1990 episode of another NBC series, Quantum Leap.
( 17 episodes — in particular, he can be seen at the start of almost every episode running across the beach )
Steven Hill as Dan Briggs and Martin Landau as Rollin Hand ( in disguise ) in the premiere episode, September 17, 1966.
The May 17, 1971 episode saw two major changes on the show: The Treasure House was renovated and renamed " The Captain's Place " and the Captain replaced his black coat with a red coat.
The first episode in which " I don't know " was used as a trigger phrase for the green slime was one of the local episodes seen only on CJOH, broadcast on March 17, 1979 — fittingly, St. Patrick's Day.
Ruggles of Red Gap was adapted as a radio play on the July 10, 1939 episode of Lux Radio Theater, the December 17, 1945 episode of The Screen Guild Theater and the June 8, 1946 episode of Academy Award Theater, all with Charles Laughton and Charlie Ruggles reprising their film parts.
This is not his last foray into attempted leadership of Springfield ; in the Season 17 episode " See Homer Run ", he is one of over 200 candidates for mayor, following his usual catchphrase into " BEST MAYOR EVER.
Bob also has a wife named Francesca ( voiced by Maria Grazia Cucinotta ) and a son named Gino, both of whom were introduced in season 17 episode " The Italian Bob " and returned for " Funeral for a Fiend.
Santa's Little Helper's initial appearance on The Simpsons was in the first episode of the series, " Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire ", which aired on December 17, 1989.
Ro Laren's personnel file, seen in the episode " Conundrum ", indicates she was born on January 17, 2340 on Bajor to Ro Talia and Gale, and that she attended Starfleet Academy from 2358 to 2362.
The case was also referenced in an episode of the 2003 television series Diagnosis: Unknown called " Deadly Medicine " ( Season 2, Episode 17, 2003 ).
In addition to standards and popular tunes, Mills occasionally showcased his own original compositions, including " I'm In Love With The Sound Effects Man " ( in the episode " Amusement Park " ( 06 / 17 / 41 ) and later covered by Spike Jones ), and " The Cocky Cuckoo " ( in the episode " Businessmen's Symphony ", ( 06 / 12 / 51 )).
The Jordans ' participation in Look Who's Laughing was set up in the Fibber McGee & Molly episode " Amusement Park " ( 6 / 17 / 41 ), in which Gale Gordon played an RKO pictures representative who followed the McGees around the amusement park and chose the McGees as a representative American couple to star in a movie with Edger Bergen and Charlie McCarthy.
episode and season
* In the episode " 11: 59 " of Star Trek: Voyager's fifth season ( original air date: May 5, 1999 ), Earth's first self-contained ecosystem known as " The Millennium Gate " is referenced and described as one kilometer tall and having begun construction in 2001.
* In episode 2, season 4 of " How I Met Your Mother ", entitled " The Best Burger in New York ", Marshall's description of the taste of the best burger uses music that alludes to the 1984 film " Amadeus ", when Antonio Salieri describes the same music ( by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ) with the same accuracy and passion with which Marshall speaks of the burger.
* In episode 4, season 1 of " Family Guy ", " Mind Over Murder ", Lois Griffin is rocking a sleeping and teething Stewie Griffin while her piano student plays a lullaby.
* In episode 13, season 2 of 30 Rock entitled Succession Tracey Jordan says that he is Mozart and Frank is the guy who was always jealous of Mozart.
In the eighth episode of season 8, named " Manhattan Hillbillies ," Granny tells the police officer in Central Park that her family comes from Taney County ( which is in southwest Missouri ).
The season two episode " The Giant Jackrabbit " also became the most watched telecast up to the time of its airing, and remains the most watched half-hour episode of a sitcom as well.
Another Eartha Kitt collaboration, " My Discarded Men ," was choreographed on the episode " Top 14 Perform " of So You Think You Can Dance season 8.
Campbell made a critically acclaimed dramatic guest role as a grief-stricken detective seeking revenge for his father's murder in a two-part episode of the fourth season of Homicide: Life on the Street.
A customized 1969 American Motors AMX was built by George Barris for the second regular season episode.
In 1987, he directed eight episodes of the satirical police sitcom Sledge Hammer !, including the episode, " Hammer Hits the Rock " in season two, where he made an uncredited appearance as " Zeke " ( prisoner in cell No. 76 ).
In episode 73, season 4, entitled Working for Caligula of Two and a Half Men, the character of Berta said " I'm working for Caligula ," while picking up after Charlie who has resumed his hedonistic lifestyle after his brother Alan moved out.
Another episode from TOSs third season, " The Savage Curtain ", depicted another rock creature called an Excalbian, which is believed in fanon to also have been silicon-based.
* In the Stargate SG-1 fourth season episode " Scorched Earth ", a Human society known as the Enkarans are threatened on their new homeworld by an alien ship that is terraforming the planet to be suitable for the sulfur-based Gadmeer species.
* In the Stargate Atlantis fifth season episode " Remnants ", a device is found whose purpose was to seed a planet with silicon-based life.
* The episode " The Stones of Blood ", of the 16th season of Doctor Who, the Fourth Doctor encounters the Ogri, a silicon-based life form, and in the same sub-plot, the Megara, who are made entirely out of an unknown substance, possibly energy, and they uphold the word of the law, and execute all who break the law with a beam of energy.
DRAUPNIR was revealed as the password to a website that Neal Caffrey and Mozzie use to view their stolen treasure in " Taking Account ", the seventh episode of the third season of White Collar.
The second season episode, " Steel ," includes a scene at Universal Studios where Face is seen looking bemused as a Cylon walks by him-an in-joke to his previous role in Battlestar Galactica.
In 1986, he married Toni Hudson, an actress ( who had previously appeared in the fourth season A-Team episode " Blood, Sweat and Cheers " as Dana ), with whom he has two sons, George and Roland.