[permalink] [id link]
The village and West Wycombe Park have been used as a location for numerous films, most notably The Duchess, The Importance of Being Earnest, I Capture the Castle and Dead Man's Folly.
Some Related Sentences
village and West
The location of this famous battle is now claimed by some to be the village of Great Wratting, in Suffolk, which lies in the Stour Valley on the Icknield Way West of Colchester, and by a village in Essex.
Other village centers in the city include West Concord ( actually north of downtown, on the west side of the Merrimack ) and East Concord ( also north of downtown, but on the east side of the Merrimack ).
In mid-1917 ten-year-old Frances Griffiths and her mother – both newly arrived in the UK from South Africa – were staying with Frances ' aunt, Elsie Wright's mother, in the village of Cottingley in West Yorkshire ; Elsie was then 16 years old.
* Nevada State Museum – former state mint featuring rock, mining and prehistoric exhibits, and a recreated Wild West village
Emsworth is a large village the south coast of England, situated on the Hampshire side of the border between Hampshire and West Sussex.
Neolithic farming brought permanent settlements, and the wonderfully well-preserved stone house at Knap of Howar on Papa Westray dating from 3500 BC predates by about 500 years the village of similar houses at Skara Brae on West Mainland, Orkney.
The Slavophiles were opponents of bureaucracy, preferred the collectivism of the medieval Russian mir, or village community, to the individualism of the West.
in Domrémy, a village which was then in the French part of the duchy of Bar, or Barrois mouvant, situated West of the Meuse River, while the rest of the duchy ( East of the Meuse ) was a part of the Holy Roman Empire.
West of the Kambochoria on the central ridge of the island lies the 16th century village of Agios Geórgios Sikousis.
The term " municipality " is a generic term, and can describe any political jurisdiction from a sovereign state, such as the Principality of Monaco, or a small village, such as West Hampton Dunes, New York.
* 1966 – In response to Fatah raids against Israelis near the West Bank border, Israel launches an attack on the village of As-Samu.
There is a village in West Yorkshire called Robin Hood, on the A61 between Leeds and Wakefield and close to Rothwell and Lofthouse.
It is modeled on an average village in the West of Ireland but with its own distinct personality – diverse population that share secrets, romances, friendships etc.
* 30 July: Two brothers were shot and killed when their truck came under fire in the West Bank village of Jama ' in, near Ariel, apparently while selling diesel oil to a cement factory in the village.
In the West Bank village of Qabatiya, Hamza Abu Roub, a top Islamic Jihad leader, was killed while resisting arrest.
* In the West African village of Siby, Sundiata Keita, founder of the Mali Empire, forces the Malinkés to bind themselves to each other by oath.
Two months later, in October, the unit was involved in the raid into the village of Qibya in the northern West Bank, then a part of Jordan.
Traditionally, the South West of England has been well known for producing Cheddar cheese, which originated in the Somerset village of Cheddar, for Devon cream teas, crabs, Cornish pasties, and for cider.
village and Wycombe
In 1876, a predecessor of the Royal College of Music, the National Training School for Music, was founded by the RSA, and the Society was instrumental in the preservation of West Wycombe, purchasing the entire village and handing it over to the National Trust.
West Wycombe is a small village situated along the A40 road, three miles west of High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.
The historic village is largely a National Trust property and receives a large annual influx of tourists-being the site of West Wycombe Park, West Wycombe Caves and the Mausoleum on top of West Wycombe Hill.
The Mausoleum and Golden Ball above West Wycombe village are impressive local landmarks, visually dominating the village and local landscape for miles surrounding.
By the 18th century the village had been resited in the valley along the Oxford Road, and renamed due to its geographical features and position: " West " because it was west of High Wycombe.
In 1929 West Wycombe village was put up for sale by the Dashwood family to raise cash following that year's Wall Street Crash.
They are situated above the village of West Wycombe, at the southern edge of the Chiltern Hills near High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire, Southeast England.
The caves run deep into the hillside above West Wycombe village and directly beneath St Lawrence's Church and Mausoleum ( which were also constructed by Sir Francis Dashwood around the same time the caves were excavated ).
The chalk was used to build the West Wycombe-High Wycombe road and also houses in the village and the church and Mausoleum.
Hughenden Valley ( formerly called Hughenden or Hitchendon ) is an extensive village and civil parish within Wycombe district in Buckinghamshire, England, just to the north of High Wycombe.
Today, the village is part of the Chiltern Hills and from here there are many pleasant walks through beech forest which once supplied the furniture industry in High Wycombe.
In 2006 the woodland that separates the village from Totteridge, Micklefield and High Wycombe ( Kingswood ) was cordoned off by police to conduct a fingertip search for evidence linked to the 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot.
Flackwell Heath is a village in the civil parish of Chepping Wycombe on the outskirts of High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire England.
The village is also in the catchment area of several Grammar Schools, such as John Hampden Grammar School for boys and Wycombe High School for girls, which are both situated 3 miles from the centre of the village.
Bledlow railway station was an intermediate station on the Wycombe Railway which served the Buckinghamshire village of Bledlow from 1862 to 1963.
village and Park
This discovery is commemorated by Cape Breton's Cabot Trail, and by Cabot's Landing Historic Site & Provincial Park, located near the village of Dingwall.
* Snyder Park: a small park in the small unincorporated village of Horton in Hanover Township in the southwestern part of the county.
* Northernmost point-unnamed location on the border with Golden Gate National Park in South Africa immediately north-west of the village of Monontsa, In Butha-Buthe District
Previously living together in Peterston-Super-Ely, a village near the western outskirts of Cardiff, in 2008 they moved to Tufnell Park, London, to be closer to their daughter and grandchildren.
Otterlo ( municipality of Ede ) is a small village in the province of Gelderland in the Netherlands, in or near the Nationaal Park De Hoge Veluwe.
The Phoenix Park and the adjacent village and parish church of Chapelizod would appear in Le Fanu's later stories.
The church property, which is operated by the National Park Service, includes a cemetery with burial stones dating to 1704 and the remnants of a village green that was the site of what came to be known as the " Great Election " of 1733.
The Adirondack Park contains thousands of streams, brooks and lakes, most famously Lake Placid, adjacent to the village of Lake Placid, two-time site of the Winter Olympic Games, the Saranac Lakes, favored by the sportsmen who made the Adirondacks famous, and Raquette Lake, site of many of the first Great Camps.
Glastonbury Lake Village was an Iron Age village, close to the old course of the River Brue and Sharpham Park approximately west of Glastonbury, that dates back to the Bronze Age.
In the village were the GWR Medical Fund Clinic at Park House and its hospital, both on Faringdon Road, and the 1892 health centre in Milton Road – which housed clinics, a pharmacy, laundries, baths, Turkish baths and swimming pools – was almost opposite.
They stayed for several months in the seaside town of Southport, then moved briefly to the village of Disley and finally settled into a house in Manchester's Victoria Park.
When he was a few months old, Robson's family moved to the nearby village of Langley Park where his father was a coal miner.
The village also contains Lilacia Park, a garden with over 200 varieties of lilacs, as well as over 50 kinds of tulips.
Pinckney is the location of a number of festivals throughout the year, including an annual parade on Saint Patrick's day as well as Art in the Park and Hootin ' in the Park village events.
Green Park, an incorporated village located in northeastern Tyrone Township, serves as Perry County ’ s midpoint between the Conococheague Mountain in the west and the Susquehanna River to the east.
The film began shooting on April 16, 1979, in Glacier National Park, east of Kalispell, Montana, with the majority of the town scenes filmed in the Two Medicine area, north of the village of East Glacier Park.