[permalink] [id link]
* 2008 – A commercial bus carrying Vietnamese Catholics crashed off a bridge of U. S. 75 near Sherman, Texas killing 17.
Some Related Sentences
2008 and –
The debate continues unabated – e. g. S. Georg 2004, A. Vovin 2005, S. Georg 2005 ( anti-Altaic ); S. Starostin 2005, V. Blažek 2006, M. Robbeets 2007, A. Dybo and G. Starostin 2008 ( pro-Altaic ).
* 2008 – 2008 Egyptian general strike starts led by Egyptian workers later to be adopted by April 6 Youth Movement and Egyptian activities.
* 2008 – Two skeletal remains found near Ekaterinburg, Russia are confirmed by Russian scientists to be the remains of Alexei Nikolaevich, Tsarevich of Russia and one of his sisters.
* 2008 – A military junta led by Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz stages a coup d ' état in Mauritania, overthrowing president Sidi Ould Cheikh Abdallahi.
* 2008 – Competition in the 2008 Summer Olympics in China proceeded with the women's association football tournament.
Bilateral trade with Russia stood at more than $ 700 million for the first nine months of 2010 – on track to rebound to $ 1 billion mark first reached in 2008 prior to the global economic crisis.
Over half of the tax revenues in the January – August 2008 time period were generated from value-added taxes ( VAT ).
2008 and commercial
11 ( 2008 ) Only Yerevan's Zvartnots International Airport and Gyumri's Shirak Airport are in use for commercial aviation.
The Australian Government has introduced legislation that requires ISP's to " restrict access to age restricted content ( commercial MA15 + content and R18 + content ) either hosted in Australia or provided from Australia " that was due to commence from 20 January 2008, known as Cleanfeed.
Mainly used by recreational watercraft in the recent past, the canal saw an upsurge in commercial traffic in 2008.
This is largely due to the commercial strength of domestic productions, which accounted for 40 % of admissions in 2011 ( 35. 7 % in 2010 ; 45. 4 % in 2008 ).
* Jacobsen v. Katzer — CAFC 1001 – 2008 ruling states that legal copyrights can have $ 0 value – supports all licenses ( commercial and open-source ).
An Indian version of The Importance of Being Earnest in Telugu by the name " Ashta Chamma " was released in 2008 and was a critical and commercial success.
Following the commercial success of the Matrix series, they wrote and produced 2006 film V for Vendetta, and in 2008 released the film Speed Racer.
The 2008 Macy's Believe holiday commercial featured Jessica Simpson, Donald Trump, Martha Stewart and others quoting various popular lines from " Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
In the spring of 2008, Fanning appeared in a Volkswagen commercial directed by Roman Coppola, in which he poked fun at his file-sharing past.
She has had her greatest commercial successes with the films Bruce Almighty ( 2003 ), The Break-Up ( 2006 ), Marley & Me ( 2008 ), Just Go with It ( 2011 ) and Horrible Bosses ( 2011 ).
These films in particular, as well as others including Play Misty for Me ( 1971 ), Thunderbolt and Lightfoot ( 1974 ), The Outlaw Josey Wales ( 1976 ), Escape from Alcatraz ( 1979 ), Tightrope ( 1984 ), Pale Rider ( 1985 ), Heartbreak Ridge ( 1986 ), In the Line of Fire ( 1993 ), The Bridges of Madison County ( 1995 ), and Gran Torino ( 2008 ), have all received commercial success and critical acclaim.
As of 2008, no lobster aquaculture operation had achieved commercial success, due mainly to the fact that lobsters eat each other ( cannibalism ) and the slow growth of the species ; these two problems make it difficult to make lobster aquaculture profitable.
The British commercial station Oneword, though broadcasting mostly book readings, also transmitted a number of radio plays in installments until it closed in 2008.
Larger scale commercial SIMD processors are available from ClearSpeed Technology, Ltd. and Stream Processors, Inc. ClearSpeed's CSX600 ( 2004 ) has 96 cores each with 2 double-precision floating point units while the CSX700 ( 2008 ) has 192.
* An August 2008 an AT & T radio commercial references kadajjat / throat singing in reference to the speaker's roommate.
The land has now been drawn up for commercial use with a petrol filling station, Travelodge hotel and pub chain pub / restaurant, opened in late 2008.
There is no comparable British commercial network as Channel 4 abandoned plans to launch its own speech-based digital radio station in October 2008 as part of a £ 100m cost cutting review.