[permalink] [id link]
The Washington section of US 12, other than a concurrency with Interstate 5, is defined at Washington Revised Code § 47. 17. 055.
Some Related Sentences
Washington and section
In 1999 Otto Reich, a lobbyist in Washington on behalf of Bacardi, drafted section 211 of the 1999 Omnibus appropriations act, a bill that became known as the Bacardi Act.
The Toronto Star, The Globe and Mail, Montreal ’ s La Presse, The Gazette, the Florida Times Union, the Indianapolis Star, the Providence Journal, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, the Brisbane Courier-Mail, the Windsor Star, The Economic Times and San Francisco Chronicle, among other publications, run the comic in their business section rather than in the regular comics section, similar to the way in which Doonesbury is often carried in the editorial section due to its pointed commentary.
* 1979 – An intense windstorm strikes western Washington and sinks a 1 / 2-mile-long section of the Hood Canal Bridge.
For instance, the anti-drug Fairlawn Coalition of the Anacostia section of Washington, D. C. persuaded the phone company to reinstall rotary-dial pay phones in the 1980s to discourage loitering by drug purchasers, since the dials could not be used to call dealers ' pagers.
* February 13 – The intense February 13, 1979 Windstorm strikes western Washington and sinks a 1 / 2-mile-long section of the Hood Canal Bridge.
The Smiths are interred at historic Oak Hill Cemetery in the Georgetown section of Washington, D. C.
He was assigned to the Cavite Navy Yard in the Philippines, expecting to be transferred shortly to the Bureau of Engineering in Washington D. C. After a trip overland across China, Burma, and India, by air across the Mideast to Athens and then London, and by ship to the U. S., Rickover arrived in Washington and took up his duties as assistant chief of the Electrical section of the Bureau of Engineering on 15 August 1939.
This section identifies the 16 states and territories to be included in the project ; Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
Every first Friday of the month, a trolley travels around Washington Street at different cafes and shops as artists showcase different pieces and may include auctions. This neighboorhod is scattered with urban blight ( within the residential section, from Caroll St east to the Brandywine Highway ).
Shortly after his father ’ s death that same year, Hopper moved to the Washington Square apartment in the Greenwich Village section of New York City where he would live for the rest of his life.
Unlike Washington, California does not sign the long east – west section of U. S. 101 between Gaviota and its junction with California State Route 134 and 170 in North Hollywood as " West " and " East.
The latter term is also sometimes used by Washington residents to refer to the Washington section of the Cascades in addition to North Cascades, the more usual US term, as in North Cascades National Park.
The county also is home to a large section of the George Washington National Forest, offering camping and outdoor activity.
In 1877 an act was passed repealing that section of the law relative to the town, and another law was enacted whereby the qualified voters were to vote on the question of moving the county seat to South Washington or any other place which the majority of the voters designated.
The section of present-day Route 4 was built between 1930 and 1934 to connect Paterson and the George Washington Bridge in Fort Lee.
The second section of Route 7, designated a north – south road, heads north on Washington Avenue from the Second River crossing on the Newark / Belleville border, passing through a business district.
Washington and US
* 1963 – The Evergreen Point Bridge, the longest floating bridge in the world, opens between Seattle and Medina, Washington, US.
* 1974 – 10, 000 march in Washington, D. C., calling for the impeachment of US President Richard Nixon
As well as being the westernmost province of Western Canada, British Columbia is also a component of the Pacific Northwest, along with the US states of Oregon and Washington.
In December 1967 Washington Post journalist Stanley Karnow was told by Sihanouk that if the US wanted to bomb the Vietnamese communist sanctuaries, he would not object, unless Cambodians were killed.
After an incident in Washington state in 1993, most US and other pool builders are reluctant to equip a residential swimming pool with a diving springboard so home diving pools are much less common these days.
For instance, the United Kingdom has its Embassy of the United Kingdom in Washington, D. C., but also maintains seven consulates-general and four consulates elsewhere in the US.
* The Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge, sometimes referred to as the South Capitol Street Bridge, just south of the US Capitol in Washington DC, was built in 1950 and named in his honor.
* Stratospheric ozone, myths and realities: Testimony of S. Fred Singer, Scientific Integrity and Public Trust: The Science Behind Federal Policies and Mandates: Case Study 1 — Stratospheric Ozone: Myths and Realities, Hearing before the Subcommittee on Energy and the Environment of the Committee on Science, US House of Representatives, 104th Congress, 1st Sess., September 20, 1995 31 ( Washington, DC: United States Government Printing Office, 1996 ).
In 2005, Lucas gave US $ 1 million to help build the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial on the National Mall in Washington D. C. to commemorate American civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr.
Vancouver Island, Canada ; the cities of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and Vancouver, Washington, US ; and Mount Vancouver on the Yukon / Alaska border ; are named after him.
He returned to the US for a one-off concert with the Burritos, and at Hillman's instigation went to hear Emmylou Harris sing in a small club in Washington, D. C.
Holt visited the US in late June 1966, where he gave a speech in Washington in the presence of President Johnson.
Conservative think-tanks in Washington had for years been urging regime change in Baghdad, but until the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, official US policy was to simply keep Iraq complying with UN sanctions.
* 1811 – Explorer David Thompson posts a sign at the confluence of the Columbia and Snake Rivers ( in modern Washington state, US ), claiming the land for the United Kingdom.
Minimum wage rates vary greatly across many different jurisdictions, not only in setting a particular amount of money ( e. g. US $ 7. 25 per hour under U. S. Federal law ( or 2. 13 for employees who receive tips, known as the tipped minimum wage ), $ 9. 04 in the U. S. state of Washington, and £ 6. 08 ( for those aged 21 +) in the United Kingdom ), but also in terms of which pay period ( e. g. Russia and China set monthly minimums ) or the scope of coverage.
In this study of 116 mainstream US papers ( including The New York Times, the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, and the San Francisco Chronicle ), Kuypers found that the mainstream print press in America operate within a narrow range of liberal beliefs.
Using this procedure, Groseclose and Milyo obtain the stark result that all sampled news providers-except Fox News ' Special Report and the Washington Times-are located to the left of the average Congress member, i. e. there are signs of a liberal bias in the US news media.
* History of Missouri Indian Tribes, Access Genealogy, extracts for Missouria from John R. Swanton, The Indian Tribes of North America, Bureau of American Ethnology, Bulletin 145, Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office, 1953.
* 1783 – In Rocky Hill, New Jersey, US General George Washington gives his " Farewell Address to the Army ".
* 1939 – In Washington, D. C., US President Franklin D. Roosevelt lays the cornerstone of the Jefferson Memorial.
Luis Felipe Corea, the Nicaraguan minister in Washington, wrote to US Secretary of State John Hay expressing the Zelaya government's support for such a canal.
On June 3, 1981, Thomas launched the longest running peace vigil in US history at Lafayette Square in Washington, D. C ..
* 1969 – Vietnam War ; The Moratorium to End the War in Vietnam is held in Washington DC and across the US.