[permalink] [id link]
* Every non-empty Baire space is of second category in itself, and every intersection of countably many dense open subsets of X is non-empty, but the converse of neither of these is true, as is shown by the topological disjoint sum of the rationals and the unit interval 1.
Some Related Sentences
Every and non-empty
** Zorn's lemma: Every non-empty partially ordered set in which every chain ( i. e. totally ordered subset ) has an upper bound contains at least one maximal element.
** Tukey's lemma: Every non-empty collection of finite character has a maximal element with respect to inclusion.
Every non-empty intersection of a 3-sphere with a three-dimensional hyperplane is a 2-sphere ( unless the hyperplane is tangent to the 3-sphere, in which case the intersection is a single point ).
* Every non-empty set of left ideals of R, partially ordered by inclusion, has a maximal element with respect to set inclusion.
Every non-empty file must have at least one fork, and depending on the file system, a file may have one or more other associated forks, which in turn may contain primary data integral to the file, or just metadata.
Every and Baire
* Every Polish space is obtained as a continuous image of Baire space ; in fact every Polish space is the image of a continuous bijection defined on a closed subset of Baire space.
* Every set of reals in L ( R ) is Lebesgue measurable ( in fact, universally measurable ) and has the property of Baire and the perfect set property.
Every and space
Every Hilbert space X is a Banach space because, by definition, a Hilbert space is complete with respect to the norm associated with its inner product, where a norm and an inner product are said to be associated if for all x ∈ X.
* Every topological space X is a dense subspace of a compact space having at most one point more than X, by the Alexandroff one-point compactification.
* Every continuous map from a compact space to a Hausdorff space is closed and proper ( i. e., the pre-image of a compact set is compact.
Every subset A of the vector space is contained within a smallest convex set ( called the convex hull of A ), namely the intersection of all convex sets containing A.
Every node on the Freenet network contributes storage space to hold files, and bandwidth that it uses to route requests from its peers.
* Every Lie group is parallelizable, and hence an orientable manifold ( there is a bundle isomorphism between its tangent bundle and the product of itself with the tangent space at the identity )
Every vector space has a basis, and all bases of a vector space have the same number of elements, called the dimension of the vector space.
Every normed vector space V sits as a dense subspace inside a Banach space ; this Banach space is essentially uniquely defined by V and is called the completion of V.
Every and is
Every legislator from Brasstown Bald to Folkston is going to have his every vote subjected to the closest scrutiny as a test of his political allegiances, not his convictions.
Every detail in his interpretation has been beautifully thought out, and of these I would especially cite the delicious laendler touch the pianist brings to the fifth variation ( an obvious indication that he is playing with Viennese musicians ), and the gossamer shading throughout.
Every taxpayer is well aware of the vast size of our annual defense budget and most of our readers also realize that a large portion of these expenditures go for military electronics.
Every few days, in the early morning, as the work progressed, twenty men would appear to push it ahead and to shift the plank foundation that distributed its weight widely on the Rotunda pavement, supported as it is by ancient brick vaulting.
Every dream, and this is true of a mental image of any type even though it may be readily interpreted into its equivalent of wakeful thought, is a psychic phenomenon for which no explanation is available.
Every library borrower, or at least those whose taste goes beyond the five-cent fiction rentals, knows what it is to hear the librarian say apologetically, `` I'm sorry, but we don't have that book.
Every community, if it is alive has a spirit, and that spirit is the center of its unity and identity.
The restricted principle " Every partially ordered set has a maximal totally ordered subset " is also equivalent to AC over ZF.
Every natural-born citizen of a foreign state who is also an American citizen and every natural-born American citizen who is a citizen of a foreign land owes a double allegiance, one to the United States, and one to his homeland ( in the event of an immigrant becoming a citizen of the US ), or to his adopted land ( in the event of an emigrant natural born citizen of the US becoming a citizen of another nation ).
Every line of written text is a mere reflection of references from any of a multitude of traditions, or, as Barthes puts it, " the text is a tissue of quotations drawn from the innumerable centres of culture "; it is never original.
Every year, on the last Sunday in April, there is an ice fishing competition in the frozen estuarine waters of the Anadyr River's mouth.
Every lattice element of the structure is in its proper place, whether it is a single atom or a molecular grouping.