[permalink] [id link]
* Every closed subgroup of a profinite group is itself profinite ; the topology arising from the profiniteness agrees with the subspace topology.
Some Related Sentences
Every and closed
Every field has an algebraic extension which is algebraically closed ( called its algebraic closure ), but proving this in general requires some form of the axiom of choice.
* Every unital real Banach algebra with no zero divisors, and in which every principal ideal is closed, is isomorphic to the reals, the complexes, or the quaternions.
Every character is automatically continuous from A to C, since the kernel of a character is a maximal ideal, which is closed.
* Every continuous map from a compact space to a Hausdorff space is closed and proper ( i. e., the pre-image of a compact set is compact.
Every open subgroup H is also closed, since the complement of H is the open set given by the union of open sets gH for g in G
Every map that is injective, continuous and either open or closed is an embedding ; however there are also embeddings which are neither open nor closed.
Every base he closed resulted in a new construction project elsewhere to expand another base, relocation of forces projects and other related spending.
Every year the central business district ( with corners at the Municipal Building, Grand Street Fire House and Croton-Harmon High School ) is closed to automobile traffic for music, American food, local fund raisers, traveling, and local artists.
The generalized Poincaré conjecture states that Every simply connected, closed n-manifold is homeomorphic to the n-sphere.
Every closed 3-manifold has a prime decomposition: this means it is the connected sum of prime three-manifolds ( this decomposition is essentially unique except for a small problem in the case of non-orientable manifolds ).
: Every oriented prime closed 3-manifold can be cut along tori, so that the interior of each of the resulting manifolds has a geometric structure with finite volume.
* Every integrable subbundle of the tangent bundle — that is, one whose sections are closed under the Lie bracket — also defines a Lie algebroid.
* Every irreducible closed subset of P < sup > n </ sup >( k ) of codimension one is a hypersurface ; i. e., the zero set of some homogeneous polynomial.
Every October the high street is closed for the two Saturdays either side of 11 October for the Marlborough Mop Fair.
Every closed point of Hilb ( X ) corresponds to a closed subscheme of a fixed scheme X, and every closed subscheme is represented by such a point.
Every closed curve c on X is homologous to for some simple closed curves c < sub > i </ sub >, that is,
Every and subgroup
* Every finitely generated group with a recursively enumerable presentation and insoluble word problem is a subgroup of a finitely presented group with insoluble word problem
Every subgroup of a topological group is itself a topological group when given the subspace topology.
Every subgroup of a free abelian group is itself free abelian, which is important for the description of a general abelian group as a cokernel of a homomorphism between free abelian groups.
Every group of prime order is cyclic, since Lagrange's theorem implies that the cyclic subgroup generated by
Iwasawa worked with so-called-extensions: infinite extensions of a number field with Galois group isomorphic to the additive group of p-adic integers for some prime p. Every closed subgroup of is of the form, so by Galois theory, a-extension is the same thing as a tower of fields such that.
* Every triangle group T is a discrete subgroup of the isometry group of the sphere ( when T is finite ), the Euclidean plane ( when T has a Z + Z subgroup of finite index ), or the hyperbolic plane.
Recall that a subsemigroup G of a semigroup S is a subgroup of S ( also called sometimes a group in S ) if there exists an idempotent e such that G is a group with identity element e. A semigroup S is group-bound if some power of each element of S lies in some subgroup of S. Every finite semigroup is group-bound, but a group-bound semigroup might be infinite.
Every subgroup is organized around a set of brothers, each of whom is often married to a group of sisters.
Every finite group is a subgroup of the mapping class group of a closed, orientable surface, moreover one can realize any finite group as the group of isometries of some compact Riemann surface.
Every proper subgroup of G can be assumed a solvable group, meaning that much theory of such subgroups could be applied.
Every quasinormal subgroup is a modular subgroup, that is, a modular element in the lattice of subgroups.
Every group has itself ( the improper subgroup ) and the trivial subgroup as two of its fully characteristic subgroups.
Every and profinite
* Every product of ( arbitrarily many ) profinite groups is profinite ; the topology arising from the profiniteness agrees with the product topology.
Every and group
Group actions / representations: Every group G can be considered as a category with a single object whose morphisms are the elements of G. A functor from G to Set is then nothing but a group action of G on a particular set, i. e. a G-set.
Every galaxy of sufficient mass in the Local Group has an associated group of globular clusters, and almost every large galaxy surveyed has been found to possess a system of globular clusters.
* Every Lie group is parallelizable, and hence an orientable manifold ( there is a bundle isomorphism between its tangent bundle and the product of itself with the tangent space at the identity )
Every instrumental group ( or section ) has a principal who is generally responsible for leading the group and playing orchestral solos.
While he admits the existence of caste-based discrimination, he writes that " Every social group cannot be regarded as a race simply because we want to protect it against prejudice and discrimination ".
Every summer the group gathers in Newport, RI for week long dance training, seaside teas, and evenings enjoying the splendors of the Gilded Age.
Every synset contains a group of synonymous words or collocations ( a collocation is a sequence of words that go together to form a specific meaning, such as " car pool "); different senses of a word are in different synsets.
Every group can be trivially made into a topological group by considering it with the discrete topology ; such groups are called discrete groups.
Every topological group can be viewed as a uniform space in two ways ; the left uniformity turns all left multiplications into uniformly continuous maps while the right uniformity turns all right multiplications into uniformly continuous maps.
Every ten years, when the general census of population takes place, each citizen has to declare which linguistic group they belong or want to be aggregated to.